Sunday, July 6, 2014

Peonies in a Glass Bottle

 
Peonies in a Glass Bottle
9x12 oil on panel
$250
 
I have been exploring the use of different mediums.  This one was liquin.  I felt it dried too quickly and although I like this painting I prefer oil as a medium, either walnut or linseed.
 
I tried another experiment with this painting.  My right hand is sore and swollen so I thought I would try painting with my left.  Just before I started painting I got stung by a yellow jacket and my left thumb swelled up but I could still hold the brush. 90% of this painting was done with my non-dominant hand.  Maybe it isn't as non-dominant as I thought.
 
This is painting #100!
In January I set a goal for myself to paint 100 paintings and then to evaluate my progress. It took me just a little over a half year.  Early on I saw improvement in my pastel landscapes but it wasn't until this week that I saw the same in my oils. Now its more fun than ever.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment