Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunflowers in a Blue Vase

Sunflowers in a Blue Vase
11x14 oil $250.
 
I tried a few things out of my comfort zone. First of all I painted standing up, I know its better but I was resistant, I thought I would get tired.  I didn't.  I painted larger than my usual 6x6.
I bought a brush washer, a little chrome bucket for OMS.  When I paint at NH Institute of the Arts solvent is not allowed so I got used to using paint as it came out of the tube.  It was so nice to be able to do a block in with thinned down paint and to swish my brushes clean!
 
This was fun from beginning to end.
 
I will be at Mack's Apple Orchard on Saturday and Sunday Nov. 9th and 10th displaying and demonstrating. I haven't decided whether to bring pastels or oils.  Stop in and say hello if you are in the area.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment