I did this study on a 5x7 mounted piece of U-Art that had been used and washed off. My aim was to see if the pastels I loaded into my Heilman box would be enough for a landscape like this. The box and it's set up on my tripod worked beautifully. The colors were enough, I only added two. The Ludwigs seemed to work even better broken in half.
- I started with too deep a pink for the sky and it was difficult to tone down.
- The line of trees in the background is the same width as the marsh grass in front of them, the tree line should be narrower.
- The distant marsh grass is too vibrant and pulls the eye and doesn't receede.
- The mid ground grass band is too uniform, it should be wider on the left and the right side should fade into the distance
- The reflection on the lower left should dip down more
- The floating reeds should not follow the exact direction of the grasses and should not be centerred. They also are too uniform