Saturday, August 17, 2013

Low Tide on the Marsh

 
Low Tide on the Marsh, 5x7 pastel $100
 
Another from the Plum Island series.  It is almost time to go back to school and I spent some time on Thursday unpacking art supplies.  We have been disappointed with student grade pastels - our budget will not allow nupastels so this year we tried Dick Blick pastels in sets of 24.  I brought a set home to try out and I was very pleased with the results.  They are vivid, smooth, square and very easy to use - even after I dropped the box! I am used to hundreds of colors and I wasn't even tempted to go back to my big box.
 
Low Tide on the Marsh, 5x7 oil $100
 
This is today's daily painting - done before anyone else is awake!
 Number 16 of the 30 day challenge. It's getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment