Tuesday, September 30, 2014

30 paintings in 30 days

30 paintings in 30 days
 
September was busy but I still managed to paint 30 in 30.  I did not stick to my original theme of using all the still life props I have collected, I realized by day 2 that I want to paint what I want to paint and that's okay.  I also planned to keep everything square and I managed that by cropping!
 
I learned not to wipe out a painting too soon, two of these are gone for good and now I wish I saved one of them.  I like at least 10 of them and that's a pretty good average. I had the most fun with the plein air paintings and they helped with my studio landscapes too.
 
I am ready for a day off (or two or three) and now that I have learned to paint fast I am ready to slow down and work on larger, more complex paintings.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful gallery. Wonderful to see them all together. Congratulations on completing 30 delightful paintings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gallery. They look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sandra! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work for this Challenge, Sandra! I am very proud of you and look forward to seeing more (and catching up on your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you gallery, love your work, loved sharing the challenge with you Sandra! Enjoy your down time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra, I too did the challenge. I noticed yours and have a question about the collage. I would like to make one but am not finding the square format with the 30 squares.. How did you do it ? and did you have to pay a months fee?
    Any help would be appreciated... you can write me at bjoan1024@yahoo.com
    thanks, Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and colorful collage!
    Congratulations Sandra for participating in the 30/30 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw wow...your work looks so wonderful! Congrats on doing such great work!

    ReplyDelete