Saturday, September 6, 2014

Melmac Memories

Melmac Memories
6x6 oil on panel
 
Not my usual style.  I am experimenting, trying to catch the light in a more painterly fashion.  For this I used lemon yellow, turquoise blue, quinacridone magenta and titanium white, not my usual palette. I had to dismantle the still life set-up to keep from over-working. 
 
I found these dishes at a flea market, we had a similar set growing up.  I wanted china like the neighbors.  Years later I had a pottery business and made a set of stoneware dishes for my family.  My daughter asked if we could have real dishes like a normal family. What goes around, comes around.
 

3 comments:

  1. Love how you did all that reflected light, Sandra. Wow, and did you fit a lot into a 6x6" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these! When I was a kid we had them. I think I was relieved as they didn't break...I was always dropping things! Anyway, I love the fact that you are painting vintage! The composition is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this arrangement. It is good to push yourself with a different palette at times. This has worked for you :)

    ReplyDelete