Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pear Study

 
 
   
 
Pear Study
pastel 9x12
 
Saturday morning felt like time to play.  I don't usually use pastels for still lifes but the pears were set up waiting and I thought I would do a little experimenting. I chose Art Spectrum suede in a color called jacaranda, a brilliant blue violet.  I had not made friends with this paper in the past so I had nothing to lose by going overboard with the color. I started with pastel pencils laying out the composition paying special attention to the spaces between the fruit. Some of the problems I have had in the past stem from jumping in with the soft pastels too soon because I am in love with their color. I progressed to Giraults and had to stop for the day before I got a chance to over-work this. I don't know if it is done or if I will keep it as a study.  It was a lot of fun and I am giving this paper another chance.
 
 
 
Pear study cropped

No comments:

Post a Comment