Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Running out of Time

Running out of Time
6x6 oil on panel
$150
Day 10 in the 30 in 30 challenge
 
Yesterday was unseasonably warm lulling me into the thinking that it was still August.  Not going back to school helped in feeling like I was in an endless summer. I woke up under two quilts realizing that my zinnias would not be here for long. I could paint them now or wait until next August. 
 
Some of these I grow myself and some I buy at Peter's Farm for a quarter. One had a bent stem that I helped out with a drinking straw.
 
oil sketch
I like the composition

Block-in with transparent colors.  This is the point when I think everything is going to be fine and maybe I should stop here.

 
Time to evaluate (have a cup of coffee, put in a load of laundry etc.) I like the mottled blue background, flowers need cleaning up and the edge of the vase needs to be softened. This is the point when I think it might be a wipe-out.

1 comment: