Saturday, September 14, 2013

"Glad"

 
"Glad" 5x7 pastel $100
Day 14 of 30 in 30
 
Friday, on the way home from school I stopped at the farm stand hoping to buy more mums.   I teach full time and I manage to keep up with the 30 day challenge by painting most of the week-end.  Most of the mums were gone when I got to the register but the glads were beautiful.  I figured if I didn't get to them right away, more blossoms would open and give me another chance.  They did not weather the ride home well.
 
I tried many different set-ups planning for Saturday morning's painting session and nothing worked. Granted I was tired from my first full week with 60 teen-agers! I pulled out my pastel pencils - no mess - and just relaxed.
 
Now it's Saturday morning and I'm ready to paint! First on the agenda is to finish my Reservoir painting. The deadline is tomorrow but submission is electronic so it doesn't have to be dry. Oh - and I was informed "that's not Quabbin - that's Clinton Reservoir" so a new name along with a new layer of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment