Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 1 of 30 in 30

Jan. 1,2016

                                Day 1 5x7 pastel



What is different:
  • Worked from a sketch, not a photo, I do not know where the original photo is or where the actual place is.
  • Used Ampersand pastel board. I have tried this before but didn't like it - time to try again
  • Used only the Stan Sperlak Terry  Ludwig set
  • Deep pink/peach underpainting in the sky and water (thanks Ed Chesnovitch)
  • More emphasis on sky rather than earth (thanks Stan Sperlak)
What I liked:
  • The dark area in the foreground
  • The deep blue at the edge of the foreground grasses
  • Touches of light at the horizon line, maybe houses
  • Mauve in the grasses
  • letting some of the pink underpainting show through


4 comments:

  1. Found you through Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30--gorgeous work! I'm looking forward to following along!
    ~Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra! I'm thrilled that you are doing this 30 in 30! What a gorgeous start to the challenge you have here. Looking forward to seeing your new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to see you are doing the challenge! I love the softness of this landscape and the fact that you are going from a sketch. Looking forward to the rest of month Sandra!

    ReplyDelete