Sunday, January 3, 2016

Just a Dusting

Day 3 of the 30 in 30 challenge


Just a Dusting
6x8 pastel on pastelmat - anthracite 

What is different:
  • Tried a technique that Stan Sperlak told us about - layering pastels on a dark surface and scratching through with a push pin.
  • Used pastelmat instead of my usual sanded surface
What I like:
  • This surface and will use it again.
  • The scratch technique and I will try it on o sanded surface.
  • Skimming the light colors over the dark background

4 comments:

  1. Sandra, really like everything about this painting. Thanks for sharing info about your process. I'll be back to see more of your art. Thank you! Do you live out near Plum Island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dotty I live in Southern New Hampshire about 45min. from Plum

      Delete
  2. Another very nice piece Sandra. All the best, Gillian. www.GillianStGeorge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Sandra. -- Incidentally, I know Stan, too. -- I really like the results you got skimming over the dark background, letting it peek through. Very nice!
    Barb (http://www.barbaramowery.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete